Finished Sizes

Finished Sizes

Postby wiLDaBoUtCoLoR » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:21 pm

I purchased the Paton's Grace yarn that this pattern calls for, but the weight is a 3 (sport). Would this make a difference?
I'm using the size G/6 (4.25mm) hook following the dress pattern instructions for the 6 months. My crocheting is normal ( I think) and my measurements are the 9 mo. size across the chest.
Let me ask you this.... When on a baby, the length of the dress, does it just go over the diaper or closer to the knees? I don't have the child to measure, she's not born yet! :) Making this early :wink:
Thanks,
wiLDaBoUtCoLoR
wiLDaBoUtCoLoR
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 22.74

Re: Finished Sizes

Postby carolyn60 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:12 am

Paton's Grace should work just fine. There were a few testers who made this dress using it. Just be sure to check your gauge. The length should reach the baby's knees or even a little bit lower. Let us know if you have any other problems with the dress.

Congrats on the new arrival, she will look beautiful in this dress! :D
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Postby wiLDaBoUtCoLoR » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am

Thank you and also for your quick reply to my questions on this adorable dress pattern :')
I guess my stitching is a little off. I should have check the gauge and used an 'F' crochet hook instead. But it's okay, I won't be ripping out. She will just have more than 1 of these dresses to wear as she grows. Still working on this dress length, I'd much rather it end shorter. I'd like the dress to end just a bit past the baby's bottom. I will also be making a diaper cover with ruffles to match.
I also purchased the 'Garden Fairy' pattern to make for her. These dresses are the cutest, most precious patterns and I thank the creators.
Yes, Madison will be a little princess in these adorable dresses and we will have lovely memories forever in our photos.
Thank you again Carolyn. If I have any more questions on my next project, I'll be sure to ask.
Gonna be Great Grandma,
Ellen
wiLDaBoUtCoLoR
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 22.74

Re: Row 8

Postby peachesncream » Sun May 22, 2011 11:43 am

Good Morning I am having trouble with Row 8 for the portion of the skirt on the pattern of "Garden fairy. Would you please be able to help me, since I understand you have made this dress before. On row 8 for skirt, are you suppose to make 1dc-shell then make one loop then make 2nd dc-shell and then trp loop in last loop, skip the trp loop from prior row and then restart 1dc-shell?
I'm a bit confused with this row. Should there only be 20 sets of dc-shells or 20dc-shells in the whole row. Help.
Thank You
silkver97@aol.com
peachesncream
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 5.97

Postby Lisa » Mon May 23, 2011 10:01 am

Hello dear!

I am copying and pasting the instructions below for reference:
Rnd 7: Sl st in first ch-1 sp of first tr-shell, ch 1, loop in same sp, (loop in next ch-1 sp of same tr-shell) twice, ch 3, sk next ch-3 sp, sk next loop, trp-loop in next loop, ch 3, sk next loop, sk next ch-3 sp, *loop in first ch-1 sp of next tr-shell, (loop in next ch-1 sp of same tr-shell) twice, ch 3, sk next ch-3 sp, sk next loop, trp-loop in next loop, ch 3, sk next loop, sk next ch-3 sp. Rep from * around; join with sl st to first sc of first loop. || 27, 30, 30, 30, 33 loops || 9, 10, 10, 10, 11 trp-loops || 18, 20, 20, 20, 22 ch-3 sps ||

Rnd 8: Sl st in first loop, (ch 3, 4 dc) in same loop (beg-dc-shell completed), loop in next loop, (5 dc in next loop) (dc-shell completed), sk next ch-3 sp, sk next loop, trp-loop in next loop, sk next loop, sk next ch-3 sp, *dc-shell in next loop, loop in next loop, dc-shell in next loop, sk next ch-3 sp, sk next loop, trp-loop in next loop, sk next loop, sk next ch-3 sp. Rep from * around; join with sl st to top of ch-3.
|| 9, 10, 10, 10, 11 loops || 9, 10, 10, 10, 11 trp-loops || 18, 20, 20, 20, 22 dc-shells ||

Let me see if I can give you a hand with this.

On Rnd 7, you should have 3 loops, then a ch-3 sp, then a trp-loop, and then a ch-3 sp all the way around, right?

So on Rnd 8, we have 3 loops then a ch-3 sp to begin with. So in the first loop, you make a beg-dc-shell. In the second loop you make a loop, in the 3rd loop you make a dc-shell. Then we are going to skip that ch-3 sp. Next you work in the trp-loop. In the next trp-loop, you will only be working in the center loop leaving the first and last loop of the trp-loop unworked. So you skip the first loop, then work a trp-loop in the n ext loop (which is the center loop of the trp-loop) , then you skip the last loop. You then skip the next ch-3 sp. Then you begin and repeat all of what you just did again. Let me know if this helps and makes sense?
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to Raleigh Belle