Inspiration Stole

Inspiration Stole

Postby mellyd » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:49 am

I fell in love with this stole immediately! I have beautiful periwinkle laceweight yarn I am using for it but I am terribly stuck on round 5 of the border. :( HELP!! The ends do not work out. One end will, but the other won't. I feel confident the rounds leading up to round 5 are correct. Are there any pattern corrections available for this stole? Is there a diagram of the entire end available as opposed to the "partial diagram" in Interweave? I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.
mellyd
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Inspiration Stole

Postby heart » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi! Can you give more information? Is the stitch count correct? The corners may not be perfectly square, but rounded. Or are you ending with to many stitches? If so, go back and count out row 4, see if it has the right number of stitches. The diagram looks correct in the magazine. Also too, the main body of the stole, did that part work out? Hopefully we can get it figured out. :wink:
Sarah
heart

Cash on hand: 3,150.70
Bank: 0.00

Postby mellyd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Thank you for your suggestions, Sarah. To answer your questions, the main body of the stole worked great! It is very easy. The stitch count of round 4 is correct but, sad to say, I have set this project aside. I will tackle it again soon - going back to count my stitches and perhaps ripping back a few rows again!
mellyd
mellyd
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby mltvela » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:28 am

Hello, I wish I would have thought about searching this forum for help before spending so much time trying to sort out the problem on my own. I'm having the same problem posted by the other person regarding this stole. I am at round 5 of the border. I completed the first side. My stitch count is accurate. There are 7 groups of of 10dc at each short side and then 28 groups of 10dc on each long side and then there are 4 corners. So I have completed the first side of round 5, then completed my first corner, then a short side. The problem is that once I hit the end of the first short side I am unable to complete the 5 ch3lps required before beginning the next corner. I completed the last (cl, ch5, cl) required of the short side and then I reach the 7th group of 10dc at the end of this short side. it is here where i am supposed to work on completing the 5 ch3lps but I am only able to complete 1 chain 3 lp at the center of the group of 10 dc, and then i skip 2 dc to complete the 2nd ch3 lp but i can't complete additional ch3lps because I reach the corner. Once i reach the corner I am supposed to make the 1st (cl, ch5, cl). I hope this makes sense. It is like I need another group of 10 dcs at each short side
mltvela
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby Lisa » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:59 am

Thank you for writing it. I sadly do not have the shawl/garment in front of me :( However, I am going to see what I can do to get a hold of a copy of the pattern and see if I can chart and figure this out. If you wouldn't mind giving me a bit of time to do this. I may even work up a mock version of this. Seems there is more than one person stuck on this particular instance.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby mltvela » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Thank you very much for responding so quickly. I tried to zoom in on the photo found in my interweave crochet magazine to count the rows but I can't see the complete shawl as part of the shawl is draped over the model's hands. I am making the shawl as a gift I am giving this weekend so since I think it looks very nice without the border I will just complete it that way. I will be making it again and again so I will check in whenever I get read to make another one. I love the pattern! Thank you.
mltvela
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby Lisa » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:06 pm

That sounds great. I think in that case, I am going to redo the whole shawl once I get my hands on the actual pattern in the magazine and then cross compare with my notes. It may take a bit of time ( as lace always does ) and also since I don't have the original shawl anymore to look at. Once I get through t his endeavor, I will post here my findings. I do think there is something amiss, or perhaps not explained clearly since there is now more than 1 person with this issue.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to Inspiration Stole