button band / buttonhole band

button band / buttonhole band

Postby chelledesc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi! I just finished making this dress (and it is gorgeous)... my only question is I don't know what to do with the button band and buttonhole band.

1) Is there really just 1 sc space for the buttonhole, and does that mean just 1 small button? (Did I read the directions wrong?)
2) Will the bands be woven behind the left/right back of the dress? It would make the dress be a bit thick in the back then?

If someone has done this before, could you please post a photo of what the back is supposed to look like? I'm a bit confused... :?

Thanks so much!
chelledesc
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: button band / buttonhole band

Postby Lisa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:41 am

Hi! I just finished making this dress (and it is gorgeous)... my only question is I don't know what to do with the button band and buttonhole band.

I am so glad you love the dress! Hopefully I can get you on the right track regarding the button band :)

1) Is there really just 1 sc space for the buttonhole, and does that mean just 1 small button? (Did I read the directions wrong?)

Yes, there is just 1 space for the buttonhole. You will hopefully find after trying out a few buttons, that the sts do tend to stretch :) The button size in the materials calls for about 3/8" size. Please let me know if you have any problems with this size button for the hole :)

2) Will the bands be woven behind the left/right back of the dress? It would make the dress be a bit thick in the back then?
The bands should have been crocheted right onto the dress, as there is no starting chain. I am curious as to how you worked yours. Do you by chance have a photo of what the back of your dress looks like? I am doing to mark this to the to-do list on the next update of this pattern to see about adding in a diagram for the back.

I have copied the first row of the button band below. As you see, you crochet it directly onto the back, vertically along the row edges of the panel :)

Button Band:
Row 1: With RS and back of dress facing, attach MC with sl st to top corner of Right Back Panel, ch 1, work 1 sc in each row edge down side of Right Back Panel, turn––9 (9, 11, 11, 11) || 13 (13, 15, 15) sc

If someone has done this before, could you please post a photo of what the back is supposed to look like? I'm a bit confused... :?

Thanks so much!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby chelledesc » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 am

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much! I did my button band wrong and extended it out of the back panel. LOL! I should have known it was wrong then and there. Oh well. I took that part off, and re-did the panel. It's now working great! :) Plus, I had my daughter wear and it fits perfectly! :)

Thanks again!
chelledesc
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Lisa » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:01 pm

That is so great!! I am so happy. I am still adding a note to this pattern for when it goes through an update, to get some sort of diagram in the back. I am so thrilled you are so happy and that it turned out to be a success!!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to Meridian Belle