I am stuck

I am stuck

Postby Barb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:26 pm

No sure what I am doing wrong and I have ripped out and rechecked my previous row many times and its correct, on row 2 after the armhole (newborn size) it says to skip next half double and ch2lp 11 times, I run out of half doubles after 10 ch2lps. I end up at my chain 9 for the armhole, is it me or the pattern? any help very much appreciated its been a breeze up till now and I am going buggy :shock:
Barb
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: I am stuck

Postby carolyn60 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm not sure if your copy has a typo or not, but the sentence in question should read like this:

**[sk next hdc, ch2lp in next hdc] 11 (11, 12, 13, 13) times**

So rather than skipping the next hdc and ch2lp, what you should be doing instead is to skip the next hdc, then do a ch2lp in the next hdc....11 times.

Hope this helps to get you on your way!
Let us know if you have any other questions.
Carolyn
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Postby Barb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:53 pm

That is what I am doing I think lol I am getting so confused, I do four half doubles at the beginning, then one half double in the previous chain one space than four half doubles then skip one half double & ch2lp 11 times? It must be me just not getting it for some reason.
Barb
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby Barb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:54 pm

And I meant to say thank you for trying to help me out, maybe if I leave it for a bit it will make sense to me.
Barb
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby Barb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:16 pm

I give up I just can't get past this row for some reason thanks for trying though
Barb
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby Lisa » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi Barb :) Can you tell me what version you are working from and what exactly your Row 2 says? Also, I have drawn out a diagram, for the newborn size. I started at the end of Row 1, so when you begin Row 2, you will see where your stitches go. As you see, you will skip 1 hdc, then you will work your ch2lp in the next hdc.

I hope this helps some. Keep asking questions, we will get you through this :)

If you left-click one time on the photo, you should be able to see the whole photo without having to scroll. Or you can right click on the photo and save it to your computer and open it up and possible print it :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby Barb » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Oh wow thank you for going to all that trouble, I was doing what you wrote and drew, and I know it was something I was doing, I kept frogging finally gave up and was able to fit the stitch in, I have no idea what I was doing wrong, just one of those things in crocheting I guess where you get stuck on something silly, and can't figure it out, anyway I did the eyelet row and I have one little space that is a bit bigger than the rest but no one will ever notice but me, I am now working on the body and sailing along again I can't thank you enough for your time and help :P If I can figure out how to post a picture of my progress I will and thanks again
Barb
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby Lisa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:36 am

Barb, I am so glad you were able to continue on! Please let us know if you need any more help :) And do not worry about the diagram- it will help other people too! So I love to make them to help people out :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to Celestial Christening Gown