Celestial Christening Gown Yoke Row 3

Celestial Christening Gown Yoke Row 3

Postby bagibird » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:00 am

Please can anyone help me with row 3 of the yoke pattern? At the end of that row, the instruction reads "hdc in each of first 9 hdc" - does that mean the first 9 hdc of row 3? That's what I've done, which means that the piece became a circle. I then moved on to complete row 4, but that row doesn't end with a ss into the beginning of the row, so I'm not working in a circle any more. Am I doing this right? I am assuming that I will eventually fold over the buttonhole, but at the moment I can't work out how it will work....I'd be really grateful for your help.
bagibird
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.54
Bank: 1.17

Re: Celestial Christening Gown

Postby Nadine » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 am

at the end of each row of the yoke you are turning. so it is not joined at all yet. i hope that helps.
Nadine

Cash on hand: 3,374.68
Bank: 4,213.15

Postby Tralee » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:35 am

That would be an error. It should say "hdc in each of last 9 hdc". This gown is open all the way down, never joining. Thank you for catching that. :D
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.(I Corinthians 10:31 KJV)
Tralee

Cash on hand: 1,495.68
Bank: 0.00

Postby bagibird » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks for the quick replies! I've taken out row 4 and the wrong stitches at the end of row 3, and the stitch count is correct after "hdc in each of next 4 hdc", so I think the last bit about the 9 hdc should be omitted altogether.
Thanks again for your help.
bagibird
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.54
Bank: 1.17

Postby Tralee » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:16 am

Yes, you are correct. I think that was probably a copy and paste error. :wink:
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.(I Corinthians 10:31 KJV)
Tralee

Cash on hand: 1,495.68
Bank: 0.00

Postby Lisa » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:57 pm

This is now corrected in Version 1W. Thank you so much for posting here!! Please send me your email in a message so I can get you a corrected version :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby osbornlo » Mon May 07, 2012 2:32 pm

I am having trouble understanding row 3 also. I've crocheted 35+ years and am having a lot of difficulty with the way this pattern is written. I am trying to make the newborn size and find it difficult to follow what the writer was doing. At the bottom of my pattern is says "Celestial Christening Gown Version 1T" why would it say this and then offer (supposedly) the directions for NB, 3m., 6m, 9m and 12m? I also was so confused reading the ch2lp as ch 21. I finally wrote it down on the page by the rows I'm working to remind me what it actually means. I am going to try to turn and do the 9hd that row three asks for on the 9hd I just finished from the previous rnd.
osbornlo
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Nadine » Mon May 07, 2012 4:02 pm

the version is not a size reference. it is a file reference for the designer (Lisa Naskrent) and yes it should be the last 9 hdc rather than first at the end of row 3.
Nadine

Postby Lisa » Tue May 08, 2012 7:32 am

I am so sorry you are having problems understanding the pattern. I understand how frustrating it can be to get a pattern and not have any idea what the author is trying to say.

At the footer of each page is a version. The reason for this, is when someone has a question, we can look at what version they are working from :) This way, if there is an error in that version, we can note that it is in that particular version. When it is corrected, the version changes. So for example, if there is an error in Version 1B, it is then corrected in Version 1C. Then an individual can come here and see which version they have and correct any error that may in their pattern. I hope this makes some sense :) The footer will contain no instructions, and it is in a lighter print than the rest of the pattern, so you can ignore the footer when working the rest of the pattern.

And yes, there is an error in Row 3, there is an error on that older version that say "hdc in each of first 9 hdc at the end should be omitted, depending on which version you have, this may be corrected. I hope this helps :) Oh and also, if you look in this forum, you will see two sticky posts, one referencing this row. Here is a quick link for reference below. This shows that this error is now corrected in version 1W and above, so versions 1V and below contain this error.

viewtopic.php?f=658&t=11992

If you have any other problems or questions, please let me know. This really helps me understand where more people are coming from so that my pattern writing continues to evolve and hopefully be more friendly to even more people :) So please do not hesitate to post anything else.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Re: Celestial Christening Gown Yoke Row 3

Postby Nadine » Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 am

also know that just becacuse it is version 1T does not mean that it was put up for sale and had errors to cause versions a-s. most of the previous versions are from during the testing period. adding photos, correcting errors, changing formatting, typos ect in the prerelease versions cause different versions.
Nadine

Return to Celestial Christening Gown