Errata / Current Version

Re: Errata / Current Version

Postby carolyn60 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:53 pm

And now that I am looking at my post again, for the Brim, it won't matter if you use 9 or 7 dbl ch2 lps, since it won't affect the size of the circumference of the hat, only the brim, duh!
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Postby catpamperer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi Carolyn,

I think you are right about that! Funny. Well, I think that worked. I missed one stitch but I am watching my 3-year-old grandson and baking the birthday
cakes for the party (Minnie Mouse creation by me and daughter) so am a bit distracted. I wasn't sure if I could just reduce the number of increases from 8 to 7
but now know that I can.

Are there many corrections in the patterns from this site? I bought a bunch of the patterns but this is the first I have crocheted so far. Not such a problem if
there are, just wondered.

Thank you so very much for helping with this. I always figure I did something wrong and, happily, sometimes it is not my mistake.

What is the $ that shows up after posting. I am very new to this site and have no clue about that.

Thank you again,
Crystal
catpamperer

Cash on hand: 91.26

Postby Lisa » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Thank you Carolyn for stepping! I have been "sort" of on vacation this week. When I get a chance, I will take a closer look and get a correction up. I am glad for right now you are on the right track.

As for corrections, it always seems an error crops in every now and then. Each pattern is tested by multiple testers, but sometimes, one size may not have a tester.. Or sometimes, me the designer or the tester misses things. I also think because these patterns often include so many sizes, and are more detailed, they have a bigger chance of having more errors. Through testing through, we aim to eliminate all possibly errors. Sometimes though, they do creep in. However, once an error is caught, we fix it right away. And for those who purchase PDF patterns from the Crochet Garden, cans imply go into their account and download the new version. Thus, you are always assured you can get the latest version in case something was found. I really love this system, as crocheters will then know they are in good hands here! :)

I hope this helps in answering your question dear!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby carolyn60 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:07 pm

I'm glad that it is working for you. Kids can certainly be a distraction...lol. As far as errata's go, I don't believe that there are a lot of them, but you never know. Lisa has a good database of testers who go over these patterns and try to make sure that there are no mistakes, but even with all that, occasionally, something will get by all of us. This forum that you are in lists all of Lisa's patterns and any corrections that have been added. You can always come back here and ask questions and there should be someone to help.

The $ is a system that Lisa has installed for her testers to make the board fun and to pay in a way, the testers for helping edit her patterns. Each time you post, you will see that the post has a certain point value to it. We can take those points and enter into a lottery for more points and yarn! It is fun to see what everyone gets.

If you enjoy Lisa's patterns and have the time, Lisa is always looking to add testers to the group. You don't have to be super experienced to test, I know I was just a rookie when I started. :D
Carolyn
carolyn60

Postby mrsmhill » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:10 pm

The cash is given to us for each post we make. Some posts are worth more than others. We can put this in our bank account or buy lottery tickets or buy something from the shop. The shop is still a work in progress.
Carolyn might clarify this more but I think you need to be a tester in order to do some of these things.
I have been here for about year or a little more and have not seen too many people finding mistakes. I do not think anyone did the size 18 months in testing. There are soooooooooooo many sizes for this patten and some things just don't get caught but I am glad you found it and then it will be corrected :D There is always support for you here if you need us.

Please take a picture to show all of us your finished dress. Especially the birthday girl in it. Enjoy!
Marg
mrsmhill

Cash on hand: 6,134.96
Bank: 884.12

Postby catpamperer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi Carolyn,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. My daughter and I were together today to make the Minnie Mouse Birthday cake for the birthday party on Saturday.

Anyway, I got past my snag thanks to you and am working on the brim now. It looks great and I will be all finished well before the party on Saturday.
I'll post of photo of the dress on my little granddaughter so you can see how it turned out.

This forum is great and I appreciate your help and Marg's offer, too. Seems like a nice group and I am glad I found it.

Thank you so very much.

Crystal
catpamperer

Postby carolyn60 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:45 am

I'm glad to hear that it is all working out for you. This is a great group of people here. :D

The birthday party sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to the pictures of your granddaughter in her outfit.
Carolyn
carolyn60

Postby catpamperer » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am going to post the photos right after I thank everyone here who helped me or replied with information. I was not being critical when I asked about errors. I just wanted to be aware in case it happens again so that I won't assume it is me, which is my usual way of thinking. Since I have purchased so many patterns for this granddaughter and the older two (3 and 5 yrs), I am interested in being a tester. Will have to get more information about that process.

This seems like a great group and I am very happy to have found it. I loved the site on my first visit as I love the patterns. They are very different from
what you see everywhere else in that you can't look at them and recognize every stitch as single, double or treble crochet. These have style and are really
lovely! Since I know nobody who crochets, it is also great to have such a good and helpful group in the forum. Don't know what I would have done without
you!

I have one last question. Is the 20 gauge wire a special kind of metal. I think the one I bought was too soft but since I have never bought wire before I am
not sure if there are different kinds which are better for the hat. I bought copper which bends so much I think there must be something better.

Thanks again. Will be interested in what you think of the photos I am going to post in a minute.

Sincerely,
Crystal
catpamperer

Postby mrsmhill » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 pm

I know different gauge wire means the thickness of it. Lisa has it in the brim of the hat in order for it to bend, as well as keeping the shape. I bought mine at Michael's. Usually you can find this in the jewelry section. Of course a hardware store should have it to.
The info to be a tester is on the site. Maybe we will be in the same testing group sometime.
I am glad we can help you and will look for those pictures :D
How was the party?
Marg
mrsmhill

Cash on hand: 6,134.96
Bank: 884.12

Postby catpamperer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Marg,

I guess I bought the right gauge wire but it is so flexible it won't hold its shape so thought I bought the wrong kind. I did get it in the jewelry
department of a craft store but it is copper so thought maybe that it why it bends so easily.

The party was a blast. Four of my grandbabies were there (ages 5, 3, 3, and 1) and it was as pool party so lots of laughing. The baby, whose
birthday it was, zeroed in on the brown lap stuffed puppy and never put it down, except when she was floating around in the pool with a big grin
on her face.

I tried to post the photos yesterday but so far they haven't shown up. Hope I did it correctly. I received a message that it had to be approved so maybe
that is the reason for the delay.

Might be fun to be a tester but I have to get some things settled before I can devote time to other things. I love Lisa's patterns. They have so much
style to them which is unusual for crochet pattern, in my opinion. Part of it is the way she uses stitches so that they are more interesting to look at
than what you usually see.

Anyway, I hope that if I posted the photos incorrectly I will be notified so that I can try again. I am very pleased with the fit on the dress and hat and
look forward to making up more of the patterns I have purchased. I am very motivated since I tried the Juliet Dress on my granddaughter. You will see
what I mean when the photos show up.

Crystal
catpamperer

PreviousNext

Return to Juliet Dress