Dixie Bell

Dixie Bell

Postby Ittykay » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:17 pm

This pattern appears to be different than I'm accustomed to. I am now at RIGHT BACK directions. I've worked the 3 sc but do not understand "working back in panel, sc in each of next 10 sl. st." Am I somehow to connect to the panel (what I would call front bodice)? Also, will the "straps" eventually be the shoulders? Thanks for any help you can provide. This will be my granddaughter's Christmas dress, in red and white, so I'm very anxious to complete this :D.
Ittykay
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 11.45

Re: Dixie Bell

Postby Tralee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:42 am

In the previous 2 rows you added the chs then slst back on those chs, now you will be working scs into those same sts. This would be the right half of the back of the dress heading toward the center where a buttonband would connect in the back. I hope this makes sense. And yes the straps will be what the sleeves will attach to.
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.(I Corinthians 10:31 KJV)
Tralee

Cash on hand: 1,495.68
Bank: 0.00

Postby Ittykay » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks for reply Tralee. I "think" I know where I may have gone wrong ... Right Side vs Wrong Side. arghhhh. I've ripped out all but the front bodice (front panel) and will attempt this again. Apparently I marked RS incorrectly. My own fault for working on this after a rather full day of precious granddaughter heheheh. Thanks again! :P
Ittykay
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 11.45

Postby Tralee » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:54 am

You're welcome! Be sure to come back if you have any more questions and share a pic of your finished work. We would love to see it!
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.(I Corinthians 10:31 KJV)
Tralee

Cash on hand: 1,495.68
Bank: 0.00

Postby nath2denault » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Help with pattern, now I've done alot of crochet but this pattern is very confusing, why can't you just do the bodice part all together like most of the other patterns, this is very confusing to me. Now I've done all those little parts, front, back, left and right strap OMG this is confusing, anyways now I have to crochet from where I finished the right back shaping, now I'm at the joining panels, and no where does it say join one to the other and sc in sts. Now it says sc in each sc across Right back, where do I go and do I attach another section to it or just sc all around the whole parts I just made to come back to this point of start???? I've done Savannah Belle from your patterns but had a very very hard time to make this dress. It turned out very nice but from personal experience I think the bodice of the dresses should be done in one part only, a lot less confusing. I need to make this dress, this weekend, my friend wants this for a shower.
Sincerely,
ND
nath2denault
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 6.90

Postby Lisa » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Hello ND, I am sorry you are finding this to be so confusing! I definitely try to make things as clear as possible. Can you tell me exactly which part (row number and section) that you are having the problem on? That will help me much better if I know exactly where the problem is.

now I'm at the joining panels, and no where does it say join one to the other and sc in sts. Now it says sc in each sc across Right back, where do I go and do I attach another section to it or just sc all around the whole parts I just made to come back to this point of start????

The Pattern:
At the end of the last row before Joining Panels, you turn, and it says do not fasten off. Thus, you do not go and attach anywhere since you are already attached with RS facing. I know sometimes with a different way of doing things one expects something different, but if you follow the instructions just as written, it will hopefully all make sense.

Joining Panels:
Row 1: (RS) Ch 1, sc in each sc across Right Back, being careful not to twist panels, sc in first sc on RS of Front Panel and in each sc across, being careful not to twist panels, sc in first sc on RS of Left Back, and in each sc across until last sc, 2 sc in last sc, turn––65 (69, 73, 77, 81) || (85, 89, 93) sc.

So with RS facing you sc across Right Back as instructions state. Then it says to sc in first sc on RS of Front Panel. Thus, locate the first sc on RS of Front Panel and sc in it and in each sc across. Then instructions say "sc in first sc on RS of Left Back." Thus, locate the first sc on the RS of Left Back. Sc in that sc and in each across to last sc, make 2 sc in that last sc.

I hope this helps :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to Dixie Belle