Choosing Sh-inc points

Choosing Sh-inc points

Postby helen123 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Hello,

I have got to row 4 of the Body of the Market Day Dress, which means I have to choose my first two sh-inc points.

I know the pattern says choose two sc spaced evenly apart, however is it best to choose dead centre of the front and dead centre of the back, or is it best to go for the sides?

Also, in future rows when again I have to choose 2 sh-inc points, do I keep to the same locations as i originally chose? Or if I chose the front and back last time would I go for the sides the next time?

This is the first time I have done a dress / pattern with increases, so have no experience to base this decision off, your advice would be appreciated.

PS I think I also found a typo in round 2 of the body:
Pattern starts: Rnd 2: Bdg-sh in same sc, sc in centre sc of next sh. I think it should say sc in centre dc of next sh.

Helen x
helen123

Cash on hand: 3.17
Bank: 25.53

Re: Choosing Sh-inc points

Postby Lisa » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Hello Helen!

I would keep at sides, for all of them. But that is not based on it turning out better, that is just me and brain how I normally do things. I always attach in the back, and work skirt increases at the side, unless of course there are a lot of them, then I even them out all the way around. I saw testers work this with the increase points in the same places each time, and some have them alternate between sides, and then front/back. It really does not matter, but that is how I would do them "just because."

Some other people may give their opinions on what they did when working the dress.

And yes, that is a typo!! I thought I addressed that somewhere here. I need to find that post and make sure that correction made it into the pattern! Thank you for reminding me. Please do let me know if you come across anything else!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby helen123 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi Lisa, thanks for the advice, i am working on the dress size 4 so there are 19 shells to start with, I will do the increases at the sides, as there is a join on the one side, I will use the last shell before the join on the one side and the shell at the side on the other side.
helen123

Re: Choosing Sh-inc points - and other things

Postby helen123 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Lisa,
There was one other typo I identified, in the materials list, the main Colour (white) is listed as #1114, however the Dusty Rose is also listed as #1114, when I raised this issue on the Introductions "Hello" post, Nadine informed me that the white colour is#1101.
I have had to choose a different yarn anyway so in the end it didn't cause a problem - I couldn't get DMC Senso in UK and I understand it's been discontinued in US. - None of the web suppliers who ship to UK had it in stock.
Have a good evening.
Helen x
helen123

Postby Lisa » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:52 pm

helen123 wrote:Hi Lisa, thanks for the advice, i am working on the dress size 4 so there are 19 shells to start with, I will do the increases at the sides, as there is a join on the one side, I will use the last shell before the join on the one side and the shell at the side on the other side.

That sounds like a good plan. I did the size 5 I believe, and had them right around same area.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Re: Choosing Sh-inc points - and other things

Postby Lisa » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:54 pm

helen123 wrote:Lisa,
There was one other typo I identified, in the materials list, the main Colour (white) is listed as #1114, however the Dusty Rose is also listed as #1114, when I raised this issue on the Introductions "Hello" post, Nadine informed me that the white colour is#1101.
I have had to choose a different yarn anyway so in the end it didn't cause a problem - I couldn't get DMC Senso in UK and I understand it's been discontinued in US. - None of the web suppliers who ship to UK had it in stock.
Have a good evening.
Helen x

Unfortunately, I am the queen of typos!!! My testers hopefully do not mind :) I will get that correction in there. And on multiple levels, I cannot believe they discontinued the white!! I had a few customers ask me where to find it. I good substitution though would be about any Size 3 thread, and maybe even Paton's Grace. I will have to check the yardage and list some good substitutes on the website.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Return to Market Day Dress