working with post stitches

working with post stitches

Postby leet » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:32 am

I am struggling with the pattern, specifically, after doing the CR (cross post sts) in round 7, where do I stitch when I come to the next round? Everything seems piled on top of each other, so do I just work with the post stitches and ignore the sgl-ch2? Also, once they are crossed, do I work as if there are two post or one?
I hope this question makes sense. First time I have ever asked for help (usually just give up when I can't figure it out :( )
leet
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 27.83

Re: working with post stitches

Postby KRGoldy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:47 am

leet wrote:I am struggling with the pattern, specifically, after doing the CR (cross post sts) in round 7, where do I stitch when I come to the next round? Everything seems piled on top of each other, so do I just work with the post stitches and ignore the sgl-ch2? Also, once they are crossed, do I work as if there are two post or one?
I hope this question makes sense. First time I have ever asked for help (usually just give up when I can't figure it out :( )

I'll try and help you. For rnd 8 you will sgl-ch2 in each ch-2 sp. Where you did the fptr posts for the CR on rnd 7 you will do a bpdc around each post. If you need more help I will try to clarify a different way.
KRGoldy

Cash on hand: 416.13
Bank: 125.73

Postby Nadine » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:52 am

i am assuming that you are working on body part I-

for round 8 you will work a sgl-ch2 in each ch-2 sp including the one in between the post stitches. you will treat the crossed post stitches as 2 stitches and bpdc around each seperately. your count will remain the same as in round 5 for rounds 6-10 (repeated to the length you need) except whether the 8 post stitches are fpdc or bpdc.

i hope this helps. don't give up! if you have any other questions just ask. we are glad to help.
Nadine

Cash on hand: 3,374.68
Bank: 4,213.15

Postby leet » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:03 am

thank you both. I will have to pull out a few rounds and think this though better. Excess me if it takes me a while and come back much later with similar questions. Just found out my husband has cancer and my mind may not be able to concentrate for a while...
leet
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby KRGoldy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:44 am

My prayers are with you and your family. I hope that your husband gets better. No question is a bad question. I am more than willing to help you.

Keri
KRGoldy

Postby carolyn60 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:36 am

I am so sorry to hear that your husband has cancer. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family through these stressful and scary times.
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Postby mrsmhill » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Realize all of us will be thinking of you and wanting all the best for you. I can understand what you must be going through but you take one day at a time. My husband had a back stroke five years ago. He is now in a wheelchair and we still go day by day. That same year I had to find out that my 27 year old son has MS.
I wish no one had to go through cancer. I went through it with my mother. So again all the best to you. We will be here.
Marg
mrsmhill

Cash on hand: 6,134.96
Bank: 884.12

Postby malca » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:27 pm

will keep your husband, you and your extended families in prayers
malca
visit joanns at http://tinyurl.com/JOANNS
malca

Cash on hand: 3,922.37
Bank: 1,089.41

Postby leet » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Months later, but I did finish the dress. Must admit that the front and back didn't match, but one side was done correctly. Not sure if our granddaughter wore the dress, but I know I learned alot working on that one! My first time working on post stitches. Now I am back working on the Market Day Dress. Just love Crochet Garden's patterns. Her patterns are written with so much more explanation and layed out in a such a way that makes me more confident and if that isn't enough, there is this site!

Also, thanks for the prayers for my husband. He has had surgery to remove the prostrate and after a few months, the psa is going up again so on to radiation. We just keep on keeping on.
leet
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby KRGoldy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Leet - hope your husband gets the help from the radiation treatment.

Glad you got the dress done. I didn't do the market dress but I'm sure others on here can help you. Good luck
KRGoldy

Next

Return to Little Cábelet