Caron Simply Soft

For questions and support for patterns that are not specific to a particular pattern. Also, announcements, tips, Crochet Garden style, etc listed.

Caron Simply Soft

Postby tuvstarr » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:05 pm

I seem to crochet pretty tightly and think that perhaps I should use a bigger hook, perhaps 4.25, or 4.5 to get the right gauge. One of my favorite yarns to work with so far is def. Caron Simply Soft. Has anyone used it for one of Lisa's dress patterns? If so, which one. And if not, do you think the result would look good? I don't want the dress (I have a few of the patterns) to end upp looking bulky.
tuvstarr

Cash on hand: 66.11

Re: Caron Simply Soft

Postby carolyn60 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:53 pm

If you can get gauge, you can use it, but it may affect the drape of the project. I think it would work okay for the "Little Darlin Jumper"
http://www.crochetgarden.com/index.php? ... 33cb621bff

My dress is the teal one and I used Bernat Satin Sport for it.

Hope that helps a little.
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Postby tuvstarr » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks! Yes, that looks great! I like that dress, but so far I don't have that pattern. I will try to make the ones I have first. ;) I have a lot of caron simply soft yarn in all different colors, but I also have quite a bit of Bernat softee baby which I know is thinner and works good for the patterns I have (or at least the one I am working on now :P ). So I guess I will stick to that until it is time for some new patterns (such as the darlin dress). I just think the colors are a lot more limited in Bernat softee baby... at least at the store where I buy my yarn. Anyway, thanks again!
tuvstarr

Postby Tralee » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:41 am

I don't know about others, but I find Caron Simply Soft to be much thinner than the other worsted weight yarns. I often use it in place of sport weight if I am able to reach gauge. Give it a try. I love that yarn.
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.(I Corinthians 10:31 KJV)
Tralee

Cash on hand: 1,495.68
Bank: 0.00

Postby tuvstarr » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:20 am

Tralee wrote:I don't know about others, but I find Caron Simply Soft to be much thinner than the other worsted weight yarns. I often use it in place of sport weight if I am able to reach gauge. Give it a try. I love that yarn.

Nice. I like to work with Caron Simply Soft as well, but I have never made clothing with it (just afghans, amigurumis, etc.). I think sport weight is too heavy for the dress patterns I have as well though. :? But I will still give it a shot! :P Thanks!
tuvstarr

Return to GENERAL SUPPORT LOUNGE