dixie belle pattern

For questions and support for patterns that are not specific to a particular pattern. Also, announcements, tips, Crochet Garden style, etc listed.

dixie belle pattern

Postby jeannie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm new at crochet and having difficulty with this pattern. On Layer 3, rnd 1, At end it says join with sl st to top ch-3 of 1st split sh. Do I join front and back of this layer? Or do I go up which doesn't lay flat? Or do I join the other side to close that part of the back of dress? So confusing! Please help!
jeannie
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 5.68

Re: dixie belle pattern

Postby carolyn60 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi Jeannie-

Sorry that you are having trouble with this pattern. What you will do is join this round by slip stitching into the top of the chain 3 that started this round (the beg split shell which starts with a chain 3). You will not be attaching it to any other layers, you will just be joining the last stitch to the first stitch of the round.
Hope this helps! It sounds like you are doing very well if you are already to Layer 3. I hope you will share pictures with us when you get it done. This is one of my favorite dresses. :D
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Re: dixie belle pattern

Postby heart » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:13 am

I'd love to see your pictures too! This is such a sweet dress. Happy Crocheting!
Sarah
heart

Cash on hand: 3,150.70
Bank: 0.00

Return to GENERAL SUPPORT LOUNGE