Savanah Belle Headband question

For questions and support for patterns that are not specific to a particular pattern. Also, announcements, tips, Crochet Garden style, etc listed.

Savanah Belle Headband question

Postby Ellen Tietke » Tue May 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Finished the dress and now on to the headband, but the two pieces of elastic are confusing me. I can understand the first piece, but just can't figure out how the second piece works in. What am I missing?
Ellen Tietke
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 11.23

Re: Savanah Belle Headband question

Postby mom5x » Tue May 03, 2011 6:18 pm

I just checked the pattern and I am only seeing one piece of elastic being used for the headband. You cut it to the stated length for the size, overlap the ends and sew them together...then you crochet over it encasing the elastic. Where are you finding the 2nd piece, I might be overlooking it..lol...
mom5x

Cash on hand: 272.95
Bank: 2,146.44

Postby Ellen Tietke » Tue May 03, 2011 8:11 pm

oops, so sorry, it is the charlotte belle! Sorry, the first instruction says to cut two pieces of elastic and sew together. Then it talks about single crocheting over the elastic, and then adding the solomons knots and then the last one talks about the other piece of elastic, but I am thinking that it means to cover both and then stitch onto the second one at the end, but now I am really having a lot of trouble single crocheting onto the elastic!
Ellen Tietke
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 11.23

Postby Lisa » Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 am

Hello Ellen!

If you look at the photo on Page 5, that one shows the second piece of elastic being crocheted over :) The bottom part in the pink below the white is where the first one is already worked in. Let me know if that photo helps :) You may have not seen it yet as it is at bottom. Crocheting around the second piece is described in Rnd 4 :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to GENERAL SUPPORT LOUNGE