saving the pattern from pdf

For questions and support for patterns that are not specific to a particular pattern. Also, announcements, tips, Crochet Garden style, etc listed.

saving the pattern from pdf

Postby achook » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 pm

I am having some serious issues saving a copy of the pdf and just tries printing the pattern because I am running out of downloads and I cannot figure out how to save it, it keeps saying that the file is no good, and when I printed it, it didn't print the last few lines of each page. Please help!!!!!!
achook
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 5.60

Re: saving the pattern from pdf

Postby mrsmhill » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 am

I don't understand what is going on. Maybe Lisa can send you another copy. In the meantime, you might want to copy it in word. I tried this with one of the patterns I have.
Do control(Ctrl) a(the key for all)on the keyboard at the same time. This will highlight all of the text and then control c to copy it. Open microsoft word or works and then do control V. It should put all the text in without pictures. You can hightlight the pictures and control c to copy and then paste in your word document with control v. Of course your printout must have the pictures :D
I know this is not a real solution to your problem but it might help in the interim. Good luck!
Marg
mrsmhill

Cash on hand: 6,134.96
Bank: 884.12

Postby Nadine » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:09 am

when you click on file then save as, what choices is it giving you? do you have save a pdf and save as text?
Nadine

Cash on hand: 3,374.68
Bank: 4,213.15

Postby Lisa » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:14 am

First, make sure when it downloads, you click File, then Save As, and you save it where you want it to go. Also be sure it is saving as a PDF.

Also, can you tell me what file this is? It could be something was just inadvertently corrupted when you purchased it- with the reading of data. I would like to resend it to you. Can you send me an email to editor at crochetgarden dot com? You can also click on he email link/icon by my name here. Or, if you can tell me your order number, I can easily look it up and email a new copy to you.

Also, do not worry about downloads, we can always reset those, especially in cases like this where there is some sort of issue :) So do not think that once downloads are used up that all is lost. And one way or another will get you your pattern.

I shall await to hear from you!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to GENERAL SUPPORT LOUNGE