PoT - Dress Front Panel/Panel A/Panel B?! O.o

PoT - Dress Front Panel/Panel A/Panel B?! O.o

Postby icephoenix » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:50 pm

**Edit - The forum is cutting off part of the photo :\ so here's the external link:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KdQN ... tomped.jpg

Ok... I am STOMPED between Front Panel and Strap A attachment.... :lol: >sigh< didn't get very far before :?: :?: :?:

At any rate... As the photo is noted... Upper right hand corner is where I started the Ch29 for Front Panel (making it newborn size). We're looking at the RS of the work so the chain went down to the left and then back to the right.

Row 8 of Front panel ends at bottom left of the photo and I've found that Strap A of Panel A dislikes me :(

Issue:
Either I marked the OPPOSITE side to be Strap A/Strap B attachment, meaning the marker for 3rd ch2 should be on the left and where I attached the Strap A yarn should be on the opposite end where I started the Front Panel initially or... by following the instructions, since it does not say TURN work, I'd be working from left to right?

*bawls* HELP!

I knew I shouldn't have waited a day and half to start the dress lol. The brain cells are eluding me by the second. :cry: :shock: :D :lol:
icephoenix

Cash on hand: 105.53

Re: PoT - Dress Front Panel/Panel A/Panel B?! O.o

Postby icephoenix » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 am

on a latter note.. I've switched the markers to where I had it before (opposite sides) before looking at the photo diagram on page 4/22 of v. 5b and getting confused <no wonder it isn't in the new version duh :lol: >

I was at a different computer this afternoon that still had the 5b and working off of the newest version here on the laptop I didn't notice the project diagram removal until now. I think I may have answered my own question in my head - if anyone can confirm that I have the marker in the wrong position (left/right flopped) I'd appreciate it very much :mrgreen:
icephoenix

Postby heart » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm

Ok, we will get it worked out. :D

Pattern says Front panel

*sk 2 ch, ch2lp in next ch. Rep from * across. Mark 3rd ch-2 sp for “STRAP B,” and mark last ch-2 sp made for “STRAP A.” Mark this as RS

So the last ch2 sp is where you begin Strap A, and yes you do turn then begin RS. Strap B will begin in the 3rd ch2 sp. The straps are started on the top of the front panel, worked to length and then also begin as either right back or left back depending on which strap you are working.

Please let us know if this helps you or if we can clarify further. This is a beautiful dress, one of my favorites. You'll love it! Your yarn choice is gorgeous too!
Sarah
heart

Cash on hand: 3,150.70
Bank: 0.00

Postby heart » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:05 pm

You do have the yarn in the correct places, and all you need to do is turn the work over and crochet the straps. After turning, the right side will be strap A and the 3rd ch2 sp marked on the left side (after turning) will strap B.
Sarah
heart

Cash on hand: 3,150.70

Postby icephoenix » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Hey ♥Sarah♥
I had the markers on the wrong ends (if you work the chain up from right to left then work back, the last ch2 space would be on the right hand side ;)

I'm convinced now especially after moving on with the markers opposite since the photo shows the work as RS, turning would make it WS *facepalm* hehehe

Thanks for the reply :D
icephoenix

Postby Tralee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Yes, you do have the markers in the wrong spots. If you change them just the opposite of what the picture shows, then it should be correct. :D
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.(I Corinthians 10:31 KJV)
Tralee

Cash on hand: 1,495.68

Postby icephoenix » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks, Tralee - one of those late night O.o "wah happened here" things going on with me brains :mrgreen: This pattern is very addicting. I can't wait to get to the next row and can't put it down (been hiding it in the inside pocket of my jacket so the kids can't get their hands on it). Nevertheless, I look quite funny with my baby bump in the tummy and an EXTRA lump either to the right and up a little or to the left :lol:
icephoenix

Postby Tralee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Please share a picture with us when you finish! I've made 2 sets from this pattern so far. It's one that I will definitely come back to. So many designs, so little time!
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.(I Corinthians 10:31 KJV)
Tralee

Cash on hand: 1,495.68

Postby icephoenix » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:22 pm

I sure will! Maybe a pix or two before completion... with the booties and the hat - I haven't made up my mind exactly what to decorate it with... if I really want to be sewing ribbon flowers on or hot gluing (big nono for washability lol) or... something else altogether (any suggestions?)
icephoenix

Postby Lisa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:56 am

I think sewing little fabric flowers would be so darling!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Next

Return to Princess of Twilight