garen trellis shawl

garen trellis shawl

Postby leftyhooker » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Hello...
I am making the garden trellis shawl...
When I get to round 8 the pattern tells me to continue until the shawl measures 30". I dont know what to do. I can not go at it on my own. Does anyone have a graph or can write the pattern out for me??

thanks so much
sandra
leftyhooker
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 3.50

Re: garen trellis shawl

Postby Lisa » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Sandra!

That is so odd, I do not think my message went back through to you!

Anyway, here is what I have from the pattern:

Rows 8-X: Rep Rows 5-7 until shawl measures 30" down from tip.

What this means is that you start over and repeat Row 5. And then after you rework Row 5, you work Row 6, and then Row 7. Then you start all over again repeating the same rows, (repeat Row 5, Row 6, Row 7) continuously in that order.

Let me know if this helps and makes sense?
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby leftyhooker » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am

thanks so much. Yes it makes sense let me give it a try. And I'll let you know how it is going. Do you have a graph for this pattern?
leftyhooker
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby leftyhooker » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:10 am

Hello Lisa,

It is me asking you the questions about the garden trellis shawl on Ravelry. Just wanted to let you know so you won't waste time giving me answers in both places. I need advise.

To: CrochetGarden
garden trellis shawl please help!!!!
Sent at 11:07 AM Today

I will try to write exactly where I am getting stuck.

Row 4: the pattern states” SL st. in each sc and ch-3 sp of each loop, sl st across into 8th loop, ch1, (sc, ch9, sc) in same loop (supershell - anchor) completed, ch 3, sk next loop, miniloop in center ch of next ch-3, ch 3, * sk next miniloop, miniloop in center ch of next ch -3. Rep from * once more, sk next loop, supershell-anchor in next loop. ——–my problem I have only SL st. on one supershell. I have two in this row.
Then on row five the intructions only work the one super shell. ALthough there are two supershell anchor and at the end of row 5 it says I should have completed 2 supershells..
leftyhooker
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby Lisa » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:56 am

I wanted to let you know, I am working up a little swatch of this to see if there is an error or if there is a way to explain better what is going on in this row :)

And also, I have added on the to-do list to add a chart to this pattern!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby malca » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:35 pm

hi sandra,

i'm going to be filling in for our mama (lisa) on this pattern, as she is packing and getting ready to move from her rented house to a bought house.

give me a few hours to look over and work up a swatch and i'll get back to you then

malca
malca
visit joanns at http://tinyurl.com/JOANNS
malca

Cash on hand: 3,922.37
Bank: 1,089.41

Postby malca » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:23 pm

leftyhooker wrote:

Row 4: the pattern states” SL st. in each sc and ch-3 sp of each loop, sl st across into 8th loop, ch1, (sc, ch9, sc) in same loop (supershell - anchor) completed, ch 3, sk next loop, miniloop in center ch of next ch-3, ch 3, * sk next miniloop, miniloop in center ch of next ch -3. Rep from * once more, sk next loop, supershell-anchor in next loop. ——–my problem I have only SL st. on one supershell. I have two in this row.
Then on row five the intructions only work the one super shell. ALthough there are two supershell anchor and at the end of row 5 it says I should have completed 2 supershells..

Row 4: TURN” Sl st. in each sc and ch-3 sp of each loop, sl st across into 8th loop, ch1, (sc, ch 9, sc) in same loop (this is the 8th loop you sl st into (supershell - anchor) completed, ch 3, sk next loop, miniloop in center ch of next ch-3, ch 3, * sk next miniloop,
miniloop in center ch of next ch -3.{color=red](you are working across the miniloops created in row 3){/color} Rep from * once more, sk next loop, supershell-anchor in next loop.remember your supershell-anchor is (sc, ch 9, sc) in st indicated.

Sandra -- you MUST remember to TURN a the end of every row
DOES this help for row 4?

will work this 1 row at a time until you comfortable with the instructions -- see how this works, then get back to me here and we'll go on
malca
malca

Postby malca » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:59 pm

leftyhooker wrote:

Row 4: TURN” Sl st. in each sc and ch-3 sp of each loop, sl st across into 8th loop, ch1, (sc, ch 9, sc) in same loop (this is the 8th loop you sl st into (supershell - anchor) completed, ch 3, sk next loop, miniloop in center ch of next ch-3, ch 3, * sk next miniloop,
miniloop in center ch of next ch -3.{color=red](you are working across the miniloops created in row 3){/color} Rep from * once more, sk next loop, supershell-anchor in next loop, leave remaining loops unworked. {what i just added in bold was left out of oringinal instructions}

remember your supershell-anchor is (sc, ch 9, sc) in st indicated.

Sandra -- you MUST remember to TURN a the end of every row
DOES this help for row 4?

will work this 1 row at a time until you comfortable with the instructions -- see how this works, then get back to me here and we'll go on
malca
malca

Return to Garden Trellis Shawl