Popcorn stitch

Popcorn stitch

Postby tuvstarr » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Got a bit confused when I ran in to this stitch in the pattern. I am lost and don't know where to go from here. Anyone who can help me? This is what it says: "Pc (Popcorn): Work 5 sc in st indicated, drop yarn from hook, insert hook into first sc from front to back and pull dropped lp through, ch 1, to close". I just don't understand what to do...

Thanks!
tuvstarr

Cash on hand: 66.11

Re: Popcorn stitch

Postby tuvstarr » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Never mind... Looks like I figured it out! :D
tuvstarr

Postby carolyn60 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 pm

tuvstarr wrote:Got a bit confused when I ran in to this stitch in the pattern. I am lost and don't know where to go from here. Anyone who can help me? This is what it says: "Pc (Popcorn): Work 5 sc in st indicated, drop yarn from hook, insert hook into first sc from front to back and pull dropped lp through, ch 1, to close". I just don't understand what to do...

Thanks!

You will do 5 sc all in one stitch, then take your hook out of the last sc made and put it into the 1st sc of the popcorn stitch that you just made, then back into the last sc that you just took your hook out of, (you should now have 2 lps on your hook), pull the last loop through the first loop (now 1 lp on hook) and ch 1 to close the popcorn.

Hope that helps. It really is an easy stitch to do, it is just complicated to explain. :D
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Postby carolyn60 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:38 pm

We were posting at the same time :D Hope you will share pictures of your completed dress. This one is so beautiful when completed.
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Postby tuvstarr » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Yeah, I figured it out right after I posted here. :) (got a feeling it would be harder than it actually was). Still good to know I did it right though, so thanks for your description (which I found great! :wink: ). I did wonder after the first row if I was actually doing it right since the stitch really pops out, but after seeing some pics on ravelry it looks right. Once the rest of the flower is made, I guess it will blend in more. :)

Will def. post pictures when I am done. So far I am loving the project and I have a feeling I will love the result as well! :D I am doing the 12-month version, so I think I will finish within a day or two!

Thanks again for your help!
tuvstarr

Return to Blossoming Beauty Sundress