Angel Set (Tee, Sunhat, Shorts)

Angel Set (Tee, Sunhat, Shorts)

Postby Crochetingmomof4 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:22 pm

I have decided to do this beautiful pattern once again, since it's one of my very favorites, but this time in size 6-9 months for a friend's baby. I have found some edits so far, listed below. I will continue to add to this thread if/when I see anything else that needs changing. Btw, I am using what I think is the most current version, which is Version 9e, containing the entire set.

Angel Tee:

Gauge Swatch Row 2: "loop in next same sp and each loop across"
Should be "loop in same (not next) loop (not sp)and in each loop across"

Row 1: Need to state that after we chain and then hdc in 3rd ch from hook, the 2 skipped chains count as a hdc.

Rows 9-10: Says to Rep Rows 3-4, but Rows 9-10 needs a st count after it. The counts for Rows 3-4 aren't accurate for these rows.
Crochetingmomof4

Cash on hand: 6.71

Postby Crochetingmomof4 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:08 pm

The following edits pertain to the Tee portion of the pattern...

Back up on the gauge swatch, it says 6 loops rows = 2 inches. This should be "6 loop rows"...or even simply "6 rows."

Row 16 says to Rep Row 6, but it needs a st count there. Row 6 counts do not reflect the correct numbers for Row 16.

Ruffle in the middle of tee...
Round 6 needs a st count for sc-combos.
Round 7 needs a st count for dc-combos.

Edging Bottom of Shirt...
Rnd 1 has a st count at the end, and the first is the number of dc, but the 2nd st count given should be for the sc sts of that rnd. Both st counts given for this round currently say "dc."

If you eventually re-write this pattern, I would make this suggestion...On the 5 dc shell rounds, it would be easier if you just call them shells and give the st counts as the # of shells, rather than having them count up all those many, many dc sts that make up the shells.
Crochetingmomof4

Postby Crochetingmomof4 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:26 pm

Under Neck and Button Band Edging...

Button Band = strip with no holes for buttons to be sewn onto

This wording struck me funny in that it sounds like it's missing holes needed for sewing the buttons to! :lol: I dunno, it just struck me as something that can easily be read the wrong way, and so misunderstood. I would re-word it to say "strip with no button holes; this side is intended for buttons to be sewn onto"

In the free-loop definition, it says "3 free loops created by begining ch" at the very end of that line. The word "beginning" is spelled wrong. Needs another 'n'
Crochetingmomof4

Return to Angel Set