Moorish Mosaic Afghan - Square Motif?

Re: Moorish Mosaic Afghan - Square Motif?

Postby Lisa » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi Wynne,

I wanted to go over the change I made to the pattern.

I did correct Row 3, as the places where there was a 6 should have been a 7 as follows:

Triangle Corrected:
Rnd 3: Ch 1, 2 sc in first sc, sc in next 7 sc, 3 sc in next st, pm in center of 3-sc group just made to mark corner, sc in next 7 sts, 2 sc in last sc, turn––21 sc

Triangle Incorrect:
Rnd 3: Ch 1, 2 sc in first sc, sc in next 6 sc, 3 sc in next st, pm in center of 3-sc group just made to mark corner, sc in next 6 sts, 2 sc in last sc, turn––21 sc

For Rows 4 and 5, they seem to be correct as written, please advice me is this is incorrect. While reading your post, it looks like you wrote out the individual sts. But when you wrote "this way it comes out beautiful" it make me wonder if I am missing something and there were other changes you made. I just want to make sure there were no errors in 4 and 5.

Also, I can very much see your point how writing out the exact number of sts is nice. Unfortunately, for magazine publications, they really have to be super careful and cut in every possible way, thus the reason for this format of writing. However, there are st counts at the end of each row, so if there is a mistake, a crocheter can fix it before going on to the next row and finding the error later.

I do though wholeheartedly understand how you prefer each and every stitch to be written out. It is so hard sometimes to balance, a "too-wordy" pattern, making sure there is enough detail, but also trying to save space. Each pattern I continue to cultivate my writing and hope that it makes the bulk of everyone happy. I really appreciate you bringing this up though as it will keep me continuing to find a good medium between saving space for people like you and as well for the printed form.

I am sorry for the typo in Rnd 3. This unfortunately got lost in the shuffle of versions. I know how it is to purchase something and look forward to something, and then run across an error, and not know if it on your end or the pattern's end. It can be very frustrating. I do want you to know this pattern was tested, though that error in Row 3 did creep in. And again, I apologize for that. But because errors do creep in, we have begun retesting all patterns, especially older patterns, to hopefully eliminate any other errors. I hope give Crochet Garden patterns another chance.

Lisa :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby Wynne136 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for you reply and the correction. As for Rows 4 and 5 of the Triangle pattern, I do believe that they are both correct in that the total stitch count is in line with my count after doing the counted stitches. I also have to say much much RESPECT to you for your talent and your beautiful design. I in no way meant to infer that any part of this pattern was not beautiful. I probably should have used the word perfect as opposed to beautiful. :) I wasn't able to get the exact yarn that you used and I was heartbroken because the color palette you used was what caught my eye in the first place. I was able to substitute with very similar colors using Bernat Satin yarn and Bernat Satin Sparkle. I've made a few pieces already and can't wait until I get the pieces for one entire row done and put together. I am re-doing the pattern with stitch counts and would be more than happy to provide that to you so that you can provide it to your customers who, like myself, need that stitch count. On a side note... the little girl in the picture with the afghan is just precious!
Wynne136
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Lisa » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Wynne :)

Thanks for the compliment!! That is my little daughter in the photos.. I remember when she climbed up to help me hold the afghan there.

And no need to get me the counts, you have most definitely done enough work. I am going to make a new version of this with the sts written out. When I am finished I will send you a new copy (hopefully, error-free)!

And PLEASE do keep posting, even if they are not "great" comments. It helps me become a better designer and writer of patterns.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Postby kcm53 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:44 pm

I have just purchased this pattern from The Crochet Garden. I thought I'd look at others' comments, and found a lot of changes in the pattern in this line of questions. How can I get an updated version of the pattern? I have recopied it as a Word Document and cut and pasted the changes mentioned here in, but it'd be great to have a nice clean copy of the pattern, especially if there are more changes since last March!
Thanks for your time! Can't wait to start this project!
Kim
kcm53
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Lisa » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi Kim, so far, there is 1 correction, which is located in this post here:

viewtopic.php?f=684&t=12065

Do get an updated version, go into your account, and into your history, and redownload the pattern. Can you please let me know if it says Version 1D in the pattern you download? I want to make sure the new one is in there and that all is working correctly. Also, in the meantime, please send me a private message of your email address, and I will also email you a copy, to make sure you have the most updated version of this pattern :)

Lisa!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Previous

Return to Moorish Mosaic Afghan