Hayley's Twirls

Hayley's Twirls

Postby cathy24 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:22 pm

I'm making this dress and I've come to a problem. I purchased this pattern from Annies Attic and I see that there are some revisions in the right front yoke, I believe I have the correct yoke.

My problem is that when it comes to the body of the skirt. I don't understand if I'm joining the left and right fronts to the yR[color=#4040FF][size=100][/size][/color]oke separately or do you attach the yokes to the skirt. Very confused I'd say the least. Also I'm making this dress with Love Baby and I believe the weight is a 3 ply,. My gauge is correct but it looks like it could fit a NB.

If anyone has made this could they please explain what I should do.

Thanks again
u
Cathy24
cathy24

Cash on hand: 257.31

Re: Hayley's Twirls

Postby Lisa » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:35 am

Hi Cathy, I have a copy of that book I think somewhere, let me take a look and see what is going on with it. If you can, narrow it down for me and let me know the exact spot and instruction line where the hangup starts while I am locating the book, that way we can work through it together :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby cathy24 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:39 pm

I bought it with my Kindle app. and there is no way that I can copy the words to you.

It's page 17 where it talks about the body. I'm just not sure how you join the front and back yoke. I'm not sure if you join at the shoulders, b c its talks about making the armholes adding 6 chains for the sleeve on both sides .

I thought you designed this dress. The colour of the dress that the baby is wearing is called lotus.

Also I'm not sure if you join the ends of each yoke to start the skirt. You're suppose to hold the front facing you and I'm confused with this.

The yoke I think looks like a boat, well in the shape of the boat, so I don't know if I have it upside down or not.

Thanks. Lisa for answering my stress call lol

Cathy
cathy24

Postby Tralee » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:50 am

Cathy, I am looking at my booklet now. I am not sure what size you are making, but I do notice that it says to fasten off for the 6,9,12, and 18 months at the end right back yoke instructions. DO NOT FASTEN OFF
Continue on to the body section when you reach the end of the right back yoke section. Work your sc across the panel that you are working on after you turn, ch required # from pattern (this is your underarm on the right side), working on RS of front panel (across the bigger part) sc across, ch again for underarm, work sc across RS of left back yoke, join to first sc.

Hope this helps. :D
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.(I Corinthians 10:31 KJV)
Tralee

Cash on hand: 1,495.68
Bank: 0.00

Postby cathy24 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:36 pm

:| :D :) Hi Tralee

I'm was making the 6 month size, but I got so impatient that I couldn't figure it out that, I frogged it. I'm going to make the 12 m size and hopefully with your information, not to fasten Off but continue with the
Yokes, rt back yoke and continue across to the other yoke, then make the sleeves with the 6 chains to make the sleeves, doing this again with the other one.

Thank you ever so much to help me understand the wording, as I couldn't figure out what the pattern was saying, but now that I know not to FastenOff, I will continue to make both sleeves and continue with the next part of making the skirt.

Thank you again

God bless

Cathy
cathy24

Return to Sweet Baby Dresses In Crochet