Hoo's There baby hat

Hoo's There baby hat

Postby lgpars » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:06 am

I have a question about this pattern. I have just finished the crown and am ready to start the body. I am confused as to where to do the ch 1 on Rnd 1 of the body if I am not supposed to join after the last row of the crown. I fastened off my white yarn. I have my last stitch marked and the working yarn is at my last stitch. Do I do a chain 1 off this last stitch before putting my hook into the first stitch of the round and, if so, won't this leave holes where the chain 1's are in each round? I thought when working in a spiral (I assume this is what I am supposed to be doing now) that you just kept going round and round without any joining or chaining just making sure to mark the last stitch of the round. What is the purpose of going from doing a join and chain 1 to a spiral in this pattern? As you can see, I am confused. Please help.
lgpars
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Hoo's There baby hat

Postby Lisa » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:04 am

Hello Igpars :) I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I was no around this weekend :)

Let me see if I can get you going. First for reference I wrote down the Body.

Body
Fasten off B. Finish cap per instructions below in A. Place marker in last st to mark end of rnd. At end, do not join, move marker up each rnd.

Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc around––60 (68, 76, 80, 84, 88, 92, 96, 100) sc.

Thank you so much for writing in about this. That Ch 1 should not be there. Corrected:

Body
Fasten off B. Finish cap per instructions below in A. Place marker in last st to mark end of rnd. At end, do not join, move marker up each rnd.

Rnd 1: Sc around––60 (68, 76, 80, 84, 88, 92, 96, 100) sc.

Let me know if this helps? I will get this into the next version. Thank you again!!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby lgpars » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Thanks Lisa? Since I did not hear back from you I just went ahead and eliminated the ch 1 so everything turned out great. There was another place in the crown I was questioning that had two white rows and then two blue rows and it did not look like your picture had these in it. On rows 7 and 8 and on rows 9 and 10 I got two white rows and then two blue rows. Are those directions correct as it looked like you alternated every other row and I did not see those double rows on your hat. I put them in mine but think I would have liked it better the way the first rows started out. I am going to try and put a picture of my hat if I can get it uploaded. I'm on an IPad. I did not understand the instructions on attaching the tassels to the ears either as I thought you were talking about attaching them with a sl st from my yarn and hook. LOL. So I just got them on the best I could and then later when attaching the ties I understood what you meant by making the sl st with the tassels themselves. Anyway I honk it turned out pretty cute and everyone loves it. Well my pic was too large. I will have to reduce it and add it later or you can see it on my Facebook page at Linda G. Parsons. Thanks for the cute pattern.
lgpars
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Lisa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Hello dear! I am so sorry you did not get my reply. It may have went into your spam/trash folder :) Sometimes, I think the internet eats the mail! hehe

As for the colors, I will double check but they should be all correct. I will definitely let you know if anything was changed or different. It did start out with 2 rows of one color and the next, so it sounds like it is right on par of what you are describing. The double rows on the hat are difficult to see because the colors are so pale, and the rows are indeed so tiny since it is such a thin yarn, but they are there :-)

I will do a check-over to be sure but so far, all the colors in the pattern are right on with the modeled hat :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to Baby / Children: Accessories (Hats, Bibs, Scarves etc)