Errata / Current Version

Errata / Current Version

Postby Lisa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:08 am

The current version for the Maia Shawl is 1K.

CORRECTIONS
Version 1J: Row 7 of body stitch count should be 9 ch-4 sps instead of 13 ch-4 sps. This is now corrected for version 1K!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Re: Errata / Current Version

Postby Sveika » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:25 pm

I'm quite good at crocheting, but very bad at reading patterns. I can usually think of several different ways to carry out the same instructions.
Could you please add a minimal verbal description of the workflow? (e.g., work from point to maximum width, increasing odd rows 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and then only 11 and 13 as indicated, then add edging to final maximum-width row only.)
For "shawl measures 17" do I take the measure from point directly to the center of the long edge (base of the triangle), or from the point and down one of the sides of the triangle?
Does the edging go only on the long side opposite the point (the triangle base)? Or on the two sides only? Or on all three sides?
I need a picture in my mind before I follow instructions on paper. A mental picture of the workflow lets me catch errors before I take them too far. THANK YOU!
PS: If anyone has worked the edging in a different color, that would let me identify the difference between the main shawl and the edging.
Sveika
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 6.85

Postby Nadine » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:45 pm

the 17 inches is measures from the point to the center of the long edge. the edging is worked along the sides on either side of the tip. the long side does not have the edging.
Nadine

Cash on hand: 3,374.68
Bank: 4,213.15

Postby yarnisgood » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:09 am

In finishing row 5, the pattern says 30 sc. On row 6, it says, …sk next 2 sc, sc in next 13 sc, sk next 2 sc…ending up with two 13 sc-groups.
2+13+2= 17
Should it be sk 1 sc 13 sc, sk 1 sc? My pattern says version 1K.
yarnisgood
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 11.01

Postby Lisa » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Hello yarnisgood!

You are on right track. I think this comes down to interprtatation. Some people when working back on a row, will count the sc in the ch4lp sts and some do not. You are one of the latter. So if you count the last sc from the first dbl-ch4lp, and the first sc from the next trp-ch4lp, you will have plus the 5 in each of the 3 ch sps, you will have 17 sc all together in a row, which will make the row 6 instructions work.

Let me know if this makes sense?

Lisa
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby yarnisgood » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Lisa wrote:Hello yarnisgood!

You are on right track. I think this comes down to interprtatation. Some people when working back on a row, will count the sc in the ch4lp sts and some do not. You are one of the latter. So if you count the last sc from the first dbl-ch4lp, and the first sc from the next trp-ch4lp, you will have plus the 5 in each of the 3 ch sps, you will have 17 sc all together in a row, which will make the row 6 instructions work.

Let me know if this makes sense?

Lisa

I had begun to wonder if that was the case since there were no other sc anywhere around other than those part of the ch4lp. I'll just make notes as I work through the pattern so that next time it'll be there. Thank you - can't wait to see it finished!
yarnisgood
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 11.01

Return to Maia Shawl