Dixie Belle Version 1X

Dixie Belle Version 1X

Postby ReneeinWinslow » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:12 am

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I am having problems with Layer 1, Row 4. For some reason it is not coming out right. The ch-5 sps count of 23 comes out right but when I get to Row 5 I do have 12 picots but the beginning and the end are both the same (2 sc, hdc, picot, hdc, 2 sc) so I end up having two picots next to each other. I don't know what I am doing wrong and I have gone over this line by line, word by word, and can not see what I am doing wrong. Up to this point everything is right by stitch count. Thanks for any help.
Renee
Rural SW Indiana
ReneeinWinslow

Cash on hand: 24.21

Re: Dixie Belle Version 1X

Postby Lisa » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi Renee, can you tell me what version you are working from? I will take a look at this and see if I can figure it out. I do know a couple of past versions had an issue thereabouts, I believe. I will check, but it will be good to know what version you have so if there are edits, I can get them to you straight away :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby ReneeinWinslow » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Hello Lisa, I bought the pattern on Ebay and just received it a few days ago.

The pattern I have is printed at the bottom:

Dixie Belle Version 1X|| SKU # 316 || Designed by Lisa Naskrent.
Renee
Rural SW Indiana
ReneeinWinslow

Postby Lisa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:05 am

Hello Renee, I went ahead and copied the row below:

Row 5: Ch 1, (2 sc, hdc, picot (see Stitches), hdc, 2 sc) all in first ch-5 sp, *5 sc in next ch-5 sp, (2 sc, hdc, picot, hdc, 2 sc) all in next ch-5 sp, rep from * across. Fasten off––12 (13, 13, 14, 15) || (15, 16, 17) picots.

I am not sure which part you are referring to, that the picots are next to each other. Do you mean since the ends are close to one another, it appears to be wrong?

It looks like the pattern is correct as written. However, if you want to be more pleasing to the eye like the interior part of the row is (if I am understanding you correctly), try this:

For the first ch-5 sp, instead of working (2 sc, hdc, picot, hdc, 2 sc), work this: (5 sc, hdc, picot, hdc, 2 sc)
For the last ch-5 sp, instead of working (2 sc, hdc, picot, hdc, 2 sc), work this: (2 sc, hdc, picot, hdc, 4 sc)

This way, you will end up with the first and last picot with 9 sc in each side of it. Hopefully I understood you correctly and this modification will help :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby ReneeinWinslow » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Lisa, is there suppose to be a picot at the beginning and at the end of the Layer rows that aren't connected? I wasn't sure since I have been reading other posts on this dress pattern and read someone else mentioning this same thing. This is why I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I'm sorry sometimes I don't explain myself very clearly. Thank you for your help I just love this dress. I have ripped it out so many times thinking I kept making a mistake and if I understand you right I was doing it right all along.

" Quote
Re: Version 1U and Below: Layer 3: Increases should be 3, NO

Postby FrancieChris » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:41 pm

When you do layers 4 and beyond (and are repeating layer 3) should you only do 2 increases? You want to keep the number of v-stitches an even number so that the picot round of the layer works out right (where there aren't 2 picots together or 2 sections of 5 sc together)?"
Renee
Rural SW Indiana
ReneeinWinslow

Return to Dixie Belle