Dixie Belle Version 1V Question

Dixie Belle Version 1V Question

Postby astrofan7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi,

I've ripped this out so many times my eyes are crossed! :D

I'm on layer 1, row 1. I keep getting 25 v-st but only 24 loops. This becomes problematic when I start layer 2. All of my counts for rows 2-5 are spot on for Layer 1. On the last v-st for that row, do I work a loop as my last stitch, turn, and then start the ch 2 for row 2? I tried that so it would be my 25th loop but once I start Layer 2, it looks weird, like the second layer is sticking too far out to the side.

Please help!
astrofan7
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 22.07

Re: Dixie Belle Version 1V Question

Postby Lisa » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:42 am

Hello dear! I have written Row 1 and Row 2 of Layer 1 for reference below.

Layer 1:
Row 1: (RS) Beg-V-st (see Stitches) in first sc, work loop (see Stitches),*sk next 2 sc, V-st (see Stitches) in next sc, work loop, rep from * across, turn––23 (25, 25, 27, 29) || (29, 31, 33) V-st, 23 (25, 25, 27, 29) || (29, 31, 33) loops.

Rows 2: Ch 2, sl st in ch-2 sp of first V-st, beg-V-st in same sp, *pulling loop toward you and leaving it unworked, V-st in ch-2 sp of next V-st, rep from * across, turn––23 (25, 25, 27, 29) || (29, 31, 33) V-st.

At the end of Layer 1, you should have 1 loop for every V-st.
So when you go back looking at your Row 1 from Layer 1, there should be a loop after every V-st. And you should end that row with a loop. Like you said, it may look a little bit weird, sticking out some, but when all the layers are put on, everything will look nice and cohesive. Now, in Row 2, I am thinking if I added a "skip first loop", that may alleviate some confusion. For example, below (in blue) is how I am thinking of adjusting that round:
Row 2: Ch 2, sk first loop, pulling skipped loop toward you leaving it unworked, sl st in ch-2 sp of first V-st, beg-V-st in same sp, *pulling loop toward you and leaving it unworked, V-st in ch-2 sp of next V-st, rep from * across, turn––23 (25, 25, 27, 29) || (29, 31, 33) V-st.

I think because Row 2 starts off working in a V-st, one may think they end the previous row with a V-st, when really, that row needs to end with a loop. Let me know what you think?
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby astrofan7 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:28 am

Yes, that does make sense. It makes me feel better the "sticking out" is how it is supposed to look. Thanks for the help!
astrofan7
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 22.07

Postby Lisa » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 am

You are very welcome dear!
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Postby BarbaraCain » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:19 pm

I love this dress, but have been ripping it out, doing again, ripping it out, I wrote and received updated corrected pattern last this am, but it is still not right. Everything works out to pattern specs, until layer 3 count matches as pattern states but when you get to the end of rnd 7 you end up with a picot on one end and 5sc on the other.
I have so much time invested in doing this over and over and still ends up wrong. Someone please, please help
BarbaraCain
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 5.90

Postby Lisa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:17 pm

BarbaraCain wrote:I love this dress, but have been ripping it out, doing again, ripping it out, I wrote and received updated corrected pattern last this am, but it is still not right. Everything works out to pattern specs, until layer 3 count matches as pattern states but when you get to the end of rnd 7 you end up with a picot on one end and 5sc on the other.
I have so much time invested in doing this over and over and still ends up wrong. Someone please, please help

Hi Barbara :)
I was wondering if you received my last email in follow-up to your other messages via email? I wrote you back on the 23rd :)

As per my message, I believe this is intended, ending with a 5 sc instead of a picot,since all st counts are correct and the pattern works as written. However, I wrote you saying that I am going to work up this dress, the size you are working, etc so I can see what you are saying and see if there is anything I can do to revise it to work as you would like :) This message may be in your spam/trash folder if you did not find it :)
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Return to Dixie Belle