Problem with Savannah Belle pattern

Problem with Savannah Belle pattern

Postby shirleyj55 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:19 pm

I have just started the Savannah Belle pattern and am having a problem. How many rows is each layer and how many stitches in each row? I don't see these details in the pattern.

I have been crocheting for many years and just don't understand the directions. There is a reference to "notes" but I don't have any "notes"???

Shirley
shirleyj55
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 15.64

Re: Problem with Savannah Belle pattern

Postby KRGoldy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:12 pm

shirleyj55 wrote:I have just started the Savannah Belle pattern and am having a problem. How many rows is each layer and how many stitches in each row? I don't see these details in the pattern.

I have been crocheting for many years and just don't understand the directions. There is a reference to "notes" but I don't have any "notes"???

Shirley

Shirley - Each layer is a certain amount of inches measured from the top of the panel. It all depends on what size you are making. For layer 1 after rnd 3 it says ....

Rep Rnds 2-3 until dress measures ––5.5 (5, 6, 6.5) || 7 (7.5, 7, 7)" from top of panels ending on either row.

What size are you making?

The notes are on page 2 in the lower right hand side.

If you need more help I will try and help.

Keri
KRGoldy

Cash on hand: 416.13
Bank: 125.73

Re: Problem with Savannah Belle pattern

Postby Lisa » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:00 pm

The notes should be on Page 2, on the right sidebar.

As for each layer and the number of rows, it depends on the size you are doing. Instead of working to a particular number of rows, you work to a particular number of inches and use a tape measure. This ensures the proper length of the dress.

There is a stitch gauge and a row gauge listed, but more often than not, I find people do not adhere to both gauges, in most cases, only the stitch gauge. This makes a dress turn out longer or shorter than intended. By having the number of inches to work to, one does not have to worry about the length being wrong.

The bottom of Page 3 to top of Page 4 states this in instructions.

It says (at top of page 3):
Rep Rnds 2-3 until dress measures "..." from top of panels ending on either rnd. (number of inches to work to is in quotations). So you do exactly that. Rep those 2 rnds until the dress measures the number of inches for your size, and then you work the Flower Edge.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Return to Savannah Belle