Is seaside fairy dress with or without seams?

Is seaside fairy dress with or without seams?

Postby mamabear » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:35 pm

I am looking for patterns to buy or free that have no seams to sew. I was told that crochet garden has some dresses for my two girls ages 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 (their sizes are 3/4 and 6/7). And that I would not have to do two separate pieces then sew them together.

I don't want to buy this pattern if I have to do two separate pieces so I was wondering if anyone knew what the pattern says before I buy it? Is it done in rounds or is it two separate pieces that have to be sewn/crocheted together?

If it is two separate pieces are there any dresses for little girls that are on this site that are no sew dresses?

Thank you so much.
In remission from Graves Disease for 20 months !! Wonderful Husband, 4 Great kids and two German Shepherd dogs that are well trained and love their mama!! ;-)
mamabear
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 0.00

Re: Is seaside fairy dress with or without seams?

Postby brenda0549 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Its done in the round and it works up very pretty
you do the dress in the round
then you go up and do the sleeves by attaching your yarn to the shoulder and working around
Its very easy to do
I used size 10 thread two pieces held together
Brenda Whitlock
brenda0549

Cash on hand: 37.98
Bank: 739.42

Postby mamabear » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Thank you so much. I truly dont like doing the seams because of my arthritis you never know what my hands will do that day. One day might be on target and the next day the gauge might be different so I in order to fix that I am trying to do a dress in rounds.

I have a very pretty a-line dress that I have tried to do and it seems so simple but since my hands are horrible I can't do it. Someone said I could make the dress in rounds but that seems like such a hard thing to do and with 4 kids and no brain cells left I'm not sure I can do it lol.

can I buy this pattern in a store? or only online? (the seaside fairy dress)
In remission from Graves Disease for 20 months !! Wonderful Husband, 4 Great kids and two German Shepherd dogs that are well trained and love their mama!! ;-)
mamabear
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Postby brenda0549 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:53 pm

you can buy it at anniesattic.com http://www.anniesattic.com/list.html?cr ... side+fairy

which is online
or you can buy it from crochet garden,
I suggest crochet garden as you get the pattern as soon as its paid for
Brenda Whitlock
brenda0549

Cash on hand: 37.98
Bank: 739.42

Postby mamabear » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:59 pm

I am looking into getting it through CG right now. ;-) thank you for the help.
mamabear
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Return to Seaside Fairy Sundress