Ver 6 Edging Rnd 6

Ver 6 Edging Rnd 6

Postby carolyn60 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:45 am

Rnd 6: Ch 1 (bring ch up to height of a dc, does not count as a st, now and throughout), fpdc (see Stitches) around post of same dc (this is a ch-3), bpdc (see Stitches) around next dc, *[fpdc around next dc, bpdc around next dc] across until marked dc of next corner, 5 fpdc around next dc, move st marker to center fpdc of 5-fpdc group just made), rep from * 3 times, [fpdc around next dc, bpdc around next dc] across until first fpdc, join with sl st to top of first fpdc.

After doing the 5 fpdc in the corner, shouldn't the next stitch be a bpdc? The repeat starts with a fpdc.
ETA: After working this rnd, the pattern is correct as written originally. It just seemed like the next stitch should have been a bpdc. :D
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Re: Ver 6 Edging Rnd 6

Postby Lisa » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:19 pm

It does seem intuitively that it should be a bpdc. In the next version (when I get around to it) I will be making it an odd number bet those, so that way each side of the 5 fpdc will have a bpdc :) Oh my to do list never seems to get any shorter!! lol. Remind me if we ever do another revamp of this patt to update that.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby miwilyn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:28 pm

I have a question about the corners in round 6 of the edging... 5 fpdc around the dc post... I keep trying this and ripping it out because it looks messy and keeps getting twisted. Is it supposed to be getting twisted? I'm very confused by this... but it is my first time using fpdc and bpdc, so I'm not too surprised. Thanks! :D
miwilyn
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 32.04

Postby carolyn60 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:15 am

miwilyn wrote:I have a question about the corners in round 6 of the edging... 5 fpdc around the dc post... I keep trying this and ripping it out because it looks messy and keeps getting twisted. Is it supposed to be getting twisted? I'm very confused by this... but it is my first time using fpdc and bpdc, so I'm not too surprised. Thanks! :D

I know, it is a lot of stitches to put around one stitch, so it does get a little twisted, but it will straighten out as you work the remaining rounds and it makes a very pretty corner. Let us know if you continue to have problems with it though.
Carolyn
carolyn60

Cash on hand: 7,262.89
Bank: 69.47

Postby miwilyn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Thanks! I got brave and kept going. It's looking good. :)
miwilyn
New Member or Tester
New Member or Tester

Cash on hand: 32.04

Return to Afghan Of The Sandman