Full Tutorial on how to upload photos to the Gallery

Begin here for those wishing to become a tester of Crochet Garden patterns. Note: Before getting activated, you must send an email requesting to be a tester to the email address on post in this forum. All activations are done manually - this keeps spammers away, and allows us to get to know you!

Full Tutorial on how to upload photos to the Gallery

Postby Lisa » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:28 pm

TUTORIAL AND OTHER "FAQ" ON HOW TO UPLOAD AND MANIPULATE THE PHOTO GALLERY. POST QUESTIONS, PROBLEMS ETC IN THIS FORUM. For Established Testers ONLY.

Note: Quesitons pertaining to the password for the galleries with patterns in testing may be asked to a MOD or an Admin.

TUTORIAL:

TO ADD A PHOTO:

1) Go to: http://www.crochetgarden.com/gallery

2) In the upper right, click on "Register."

An adminstrator will grant you access. If you do not have access with 48 hours, please post here.

3) Once you have access, click on the thumbnail of the name of the pattern you wish to submit to. For example, if you wish to add a photo to the Rugged Mountain Scarf Collection, click on that gallery's photo.

You will now be inside the Rugged Mountain Gallery, and you will see all the uploaded photos. On the left panel you will see many links.

4) Click on "Add Items"

5) You will then see text boxes (white space for text to be entered) titled:

File- Click on the "browse" button and manuever to the place on your computer where your photo is stored.

Caption- Very important!! Type in your name or any information you wish to have shown below your photo (Name, materials, alterations or substitutions you may have used)- anything so that the viewer can have as much information about your photo as possible.

6) Once you have browsed to your file and have entered in your information in the Caption Box, scroll down to the button that says "Add Items." (You will see other boxes , some with checkmarks etc. Do not change these; leave them all as default).

7) You are done. If you have any further questions, or need to edit, post here and one of the Admins will take care of it.
Last edited by Lisa on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby nannycrochets » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:48 pm

That will be a biggggggggg help
Can,t wait.
Thank you so much.
I love it here.
nancy
nannycrochets

Cash on hand: 3.22

Postby DabblingDeb » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:49 pm

reading my mind
deb
DabblingDeb

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Postby Angelfire » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:05 pm

thanks for update
Angelfire

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby CraftLover » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:52 am

Lisa, I resgister 2 days ago to post a pic of Goddess Of Winter Scarf Collection: Frosty Moon but do not have access yet.

Let me know what should I do?

Thanks
CraftLover

Postby knitcrochet » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:45 am

Lisa: I don't know I have access or not, I can login , but just can not see " Add Iteams" on the left.
knitcrochet

Cash on hand: 1,818.58

Postby Brandy » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:51 am

knitcrochet... try logging in again, you have to log in each time (at least I do), then click on the album you want to add to, then look for the "add items"
Brandy

Cash on hand: 1,240.10
Bank: 6,021.00

Postby hollynn28 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:10 am

I see an add comment but not an add item. Did I do something wrong?
hollynn28

Postby Lisa » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:48 am

Once you register, PM me with your username on the gallery so that I may activate you :) I need to add that in there..
Lisa
Absent Minded Designer
Absent Minded Designer

Cash on hand: 24,256.55
Bank: 378.79

Postby knitcrochet » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:32 am

Question and suggestion about Gallery:

1. In this web, how much maxium size for pictures? Once upload, we can not edit them,right?
Some uploaded pictures can not see complete, only if you click them.

2.In all uploaded pictures, I wish can automatically show your unique waterstamp.

Another question: When I post pictures which used your pattern to other web and blog, Can I use the unique waterstamp on my picuters? Like this one....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knitcrochet

Cash on hand: 1,818.58

Next

Return to HOW TO BECOME A TESTER